UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) conducts a competitive test for the selection of Indian Engineering service named IES 2020. Also, the board notified that there are roughly about 495 vacancies available for IES. The preliminary examination will be held on 5th January 2020. The Mains are conducted on 28th June 2020. The examination is held in two-stages followed by the interviews for the personality tests.
The upsc ies 2020 are the responsible civil services, which can serve the managerial and technical functions of the government. The government of India selects its civil officials and servants based on the merit in examination. The union public officers are responsible for hiring the IES officers. If you want to know the application, exam pattern, syllabus, results, important dates, eligibility criteria and other details, you can visit the official portal of UPSC.
UPSC IES announcement 2020 details and important dates
- Department name: UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)
- Post name: IES
- Location of job: India
- Job type: Central government
- Official website: www.upsconline.nic.in
- Date of IES 2020 announcement: 26th September 2019.
- Due date of submitting IES Application form: 22nd October 2019.
- Admit card: November 2019
- Date of Prelims and Mains IES Exam 2020: 31st December 2019 & 29th June 2020 (Sunday)
- Result date: August 2020
Application form of upsc ies 2020
UPSC (Union public service commission) is planning to conduct the examination for Indian engineering services in 2020. All the interested candidates from electronic & telecommunication, electrical, mechanical and civil can apply for these vacancies. You must meet the eligibility criteria before applying for the examination. If you want to build your career in the Indian engineering services, you can immediately apply for upsc ies 2020. Luckily, this post is suitable for four different categories such as:
- Mechanical engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electronics & telecommunication engineering
- Electrical engineering
UPSC IES Eligibility Criteria:
Every candidate must fulfil the prescribed eligibility criteria to fill out the application form. UPSC announces three major requirements including age, nationality and educational qualification.
You can also check JGEEBILS
You must have finished 21 years and maximum age is 29 years. The reserve categories are offered with age relaxation that includes:
- For SC/ST candidates: 5 years
- For OBC candidates: 3 years
- For government servants: 5 years.
The applicants must be Indian citizen. Besides the citizens of Tibetan, Bhutan and Nepal refuges who actually came earlier to 1st Jan 1962 can apply for this exam. Along with this, the applicants of Indian origin who are migrated from the countries such as Myanmar, Pakistan and Sri Lanka can also apply.
You must have completed your engineering degree from the recognized university.
If you have performed your M.Sc degree in Radiophysics, Electronics and wireless communications as the special subject can apply for this examination
Application fees of IES examination 2020
The candidates need to pay their application fee through the online mode by using net banking, credit card, debit card and much more.
- There is no application fee for SC/ST/PH//female candidates
- Others need to pay the application fee of about Rs. 200/-
Steps involved in applying for UPSC IES exam 2020
If you want to apply for the upsc ies 2020, you can follow these steps that help you to complete the process easily and quickly.
- At first, you can go the official portal of UPSC, which is www.upsconline.nic.in
- Here you can find out the notifications related to UPSC IES examination and read them carefully
- The next step is to fill out your application form by entering all required details
- You can verify the entered information before submitting the details
- The next step is to upload all your scanned documents
- In this stage, you can pay your application fee
- Finally, you can submit the application form
You can take the print out copy of your application form for further reference.
The exam is held in 3 stages including mains, preliminary and interview. The two examinations are conducted online. The main exams are conventionally based and pre-exam is objective based.
- There is 0.33 mark deducted for every wrong answer
- If you give two answers to same questions, it is considered as wrong answer
- You can appear for your mains only if qualify your pre-exam
- Finally, you can appear for personality test
Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Preliminary Exam||Objective||I||General studies Engineering Aptitude||2 Hours||200|
|Preliminary Exam||Objective||II||Engineering discipline||3 Hours||300|
Main Exam Pattern
|Main Exam||Conventional||Engineering discipline||3 Hours||200|
|Engineering discipline||3 Hours||300|
|General studies||English||Electrical engineering|
|Indian geography Indian constitution Economics Indian history Sports Scientific research General policy Current affairs||Synonyms Antonyms Fill in the blanks Spotting errors Comprehension Reconstruct passage Selecting words Sentence improvement|
KM Theory, electrical circuits, electrical materials, control systems, measurements and instrumentation.
Power systems, communication systems, AC regulator, Microprocessor, power electronics, analog and digital electronic circuit, electrical machines and power transformer
Admit Card of IES 2020
You can receive the admit card for mains and pre exams separately. You can download the admit card directly from the official portal of UPSC. You can expect the admit card seven to ten days before your examination. You can read all the guidelines correctly before downloading your admit card. For downloading the admit card, you can enter your application number and DOB/password. It is mandatory to carry out an admit card to participate in the examination. Along with this, you can carry out your ID proof.
ISE 2020 exam result:
The examination results of upsc ies 2020 are released through the official portal after the successful completion of every phase. Once the final result has released, you can start accessing your scorecard for every round. The roll number of qualified candidates will be highlighted.
Exam Preparation guidelines
It is recommended candidates to work hard to qualify for the examination. There are lots of previous years and sample question papers available online. You can refer them to have a proper idea about the examination and questions asked in both exams. The smart preparation helps you to score more and increase the possibilities of getting qualified in the examination.