The National Institute of Design is the most popular institutes in the field of design, and now it has three campuses in different places that include Bengaluru, Ahmedabad, Gandhinagar. Every year entrance examinations are held to choose the right candidates for both UG as well as PG courses. The students always selected based on the marks scored in the examination. The candidate needs to perform in the two-stage competitive test such as
- DAT (Prelims)
- DAT (Mains)
The authorities prepare a merit list based on the examination score. The shortlisted candidates are invited for admission to NID. When it comes to admission, the candidates need to bring all the necessary documents along with them. Students suggested producing original documents.
Important Dates Of NID 2020:
- NID 2020 Notification has been released for M.Des and B.DES Exam. Eligible candidate need to submit applications form after 1st October 2019
- The last date for the application submission is before 7th November 2019
- The prelims exam for B.Des & M.Des will be conducted on 29th December 2020.
- The Counselling Begins from 5th and 6th June 2020
- It is a national level examination, every year a lakh of people prefer to take this examination for getting admission into various UG and PG courses.
Nid 2020 Application Form:
The candidates who are interested in taking the NID Design Aptitude Test need to fill the application form, which is available on the official website of NID. Candidates need to fill the application form through online mode. By visiting www.admission.nid.edu, candidates can get the application form.
Before going to fill the application form, the candidate needs to read instructions carefully. Even aspirants need to share a valid email address as well as an active mobile number for future reference.
To get NID Admission 2020 candidates to need to cover the eligibility Criteria
- For UG Course:
The age of candidates must not be more than 20 years. For the reserved category students, the relaxation in the age limit is three years
Aspirants should have passed the 12th standard or any other equivalent examination from any reputed and recognized board or university.
- For PG Course:
The age limit of candidates should not be above 30 years, and the relaxation for reserved category applicants is three years.
Of course, candidates need to have a qualified bachelor’s degree from any recognized university or Institute.
The application fee will be Rs. 2000.00 for B.Des and GGDPD course and M.Des course 1 Discipline, it is applicable for general and OBC-NCL category students. Rs. 4000.00 for M.Des 2 Discipline candidates need to make the payment through debit or credit card or demand draft.
For SC, OBC-NCL-PwD, ST, OPEN PwD, ST-PwD, SC-PwD, and M.Des 1 Discipline category is Rs. 1000.00 as well as Rs.2000.00 for M.Des 2 Discipline
For Overseas candidates, the application fee is Rs. 3,000.00 for B.Des and M.Des 1 Discipline and Rs. 6,000.00 for M.Des 2 Discipline. The application fee is not refundable or transferable
- The exam will be conducted through offline mode
- Question paper contains objective as well as subjective types of questions
- This exam will be conducted in English for 100 marks.
- Total time for the examination will be three hours, and there is no negative marking
- DAT Mains will be held in two parts
- Studio Test: it will be held in different formats in English, and the total mark is100 and the time are 3 hours.
- Interviews: the interview is conducted based on the studio test.
How To Apply For NID 2020
Candidates need to follow the below steps for applying NID 2020 Application form
- First, you need to visit the official website
- Then click on the Registration tab
- After that, candidates need to fill correct Name, mobile number, date of birth, etc
- Then click Submit button, candidates need to login by using their email id and mobile number
- After that, fill the application form with correct details
- Then candidates need to upload the required documents, along with this it is essential to upload the recent photograph, signature. Everything should be in the JPEG format
- After completion of the application form, candidates need to make the payment. There are different payment modes available
- For future reference, it is important to take the print copy of the application form
Admit Card For NID Entrance Exam:
The prelims NID Entrance Exam Admit Card will be available in online mode. Candidates will get their admit card on 20th December 2019. To get the admit card, students need to enter their login details.
For DAT Mains test admits card will be available from the first week of March 2020 for M.Des and 14th April 2020 for B.Des.
Merit list will be available with the listing names of candidates who are qualifying the prelims. Of course, candidates will be shortlisted based on the merit list to take the mains exam.
Merit will be prepared with the weightage scores, for prelims weightage is 30%, for mains weightage will be 70 %.
- Candidates will get admission based on the NID cut off marks
- For Open category students, qualifying percentile mark is 50
- For ST/SC/PwD category it will be 40, and for OBC NCL it will be 45
The answer key will be published on the official website after completion of the examination. The candidates suggested to look at the official website, answer key help students calculate their expected scores in the examination.
The NID 2020 Result will be officially announced by the authorities, and candidates suggested looking at the official website to get results in different ways. To check the result aspirants need to enter their correct registration number and further details. Merit list also provided by the authorities with the name list.
To get NID 2020 Important Notification and exam details candidates are suggested to stay connected with the official web portal.