It is a common dream of every citizen to secure a job in the Government sector. For meeting the requirements, the Income Tax department announces the recruitment notifications 2020 related to different positions. It is good news for job seekers that there are roughly about 20,750 jobs available in this sector. If you are interested and eligible for the Income Tax Department jobs, you can apply for the desired post.
Almost everyone knows that the officials of the Income Tax Department are going to recruit the skilled and smart young candidates with an excellent academic background for the vacancies available in the Income Tax department. The officials will invite the online applications for these vacancies very soon.
The application procedure will be performed through two different modes, including offline and online, based on the convenience of the authority. You can expect that the online application will begin very soon.
You can also check AP Police Constable Recruitment 2020
Both the starting date and due date of the application will be informed in the official announcement PDF page. All candidates who have cleared the 10th class/12th class/ Diploma Degree/ Graduation Degree from the recognized University or Board can apply for these posts.
If you want to know the eligible criteria, application form, exam pattern, exam date, and other useful details, you can read this article properly.
Recruitment notification of Income-tax 2020
- Name of the organization: Income tax department
- Number of vacancies: 20, 750 posts
- Name of the posts: Inspector of Income Tax, Income Tax Officer, Tax Assistant, PS Cadre, AO Cadre, Group ‘C’, Steno Grade-II, LDC/Notice Server, Driver, Executive Assistances and MTS (Multi Tasking Staff)
- Job type: Central Government jobs
- Job Location: India
- Official email address: email@example.com
- Official web portal: www.incometaxindia.gov.in
If you want to apply for the income tax recruitment, you must meet the educational requirements in the related streams of Science/ Statistics/ Mathematics from the Government approved Institution or Board or University.
- For Inspector of Income Tax Posts, you must have the degree of any recognized university or any other equivalent degree
- For Tax Assistant Posts, you must own the degree of any recognized university or equivalent and data entry speed of about 8000 key depressions per hour
- For MTS (Multi Tasking Staff) posts, you must have completed your matriculation or equivalent pass
- For Stenographer Grade-II posts, you must pass 12th class or equivalent from a recognized board and dictation speed of 10 minutes @ 80 words per minute and 65 wpm in Hindi or transaction speed of 50 wpm in English on computer.
- For Tax Assistant Posts, candidates should be in the age between 18 to 30 years
- For Tax Assistant and Stenographer Grade-II posts, candidates should be in the age between 18 – 27 years
- For MTS posts, you should in the age between 18 – 25 years
The age relaxation will be available for reserved quota applicants, and it is based on the Central government rules. Here is the age relaxation as follow:
- There are 10 years for ST & SC candidates
- There are 5 years for OBC candidates
Payscale of Income Tax Department
The selected candidates are assured of acquiring an impressive pay scale along with both Grade Pay and allowances.
- The pay scale of the Income Tax Inspector is Rs. 9,300 to Rs. 34, 800 with grade pay of Rs.4,600
- The salary range of Tax Assistant is Rs. 5,200 t0 Rs. 20, 200 with grade pay of Rs. 2,400
- The pay scale of MTS posts is Rs. 5,200 t0 Rs. 20, 200 with grade pay of Rs. 1,800
- The pay scale of Stenographer is Rs. 5,200 t0 Rs. 20, 200 with grade pay of Rs. 2,400
Steps for filling the application form of income tax recruitment
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you can apply for income tax recruitment by following these tips.
- You can log in to the Income Tax Department’s official website
- You can find out the direct recruitment link
- When you click on it, the link will take you to a new page
- Here, you can find out the official announcements in a form of PDF related to Inspector of Income Tax, Tax Assistant, Income Tax Office, PS Cadre, Group ‘C’, AO Cadre, TA/Steno Grade-II, Notice Server/LDC, Driver, Executive Assistants, and Multi Tasking Staff (MTS) Posts.
- After reading the notification pdf correctly, you can check whether you are qualified or not for applying for the IT Recruitment Vacancy 2020.
- In this step, you can click on the official link of “Apply Online.”
- After that, you can fill out all required details such as name, father’s name, address, DOB, educational qualification, email Id, contact number, Aadhar number and more
- After that, you can upload the photography, necessary documents, and signature
- After entering the details, you can pay the application fees of Income Tax Registration Form 2020 online and select the payment
- You may either pay the fee through offline or online mode
- You can verify all the details before clicking on submit option
- Finally, download the filled application form and store it in your device
Document required for income tax recruitment
- Matriculation/SSLC/10th Class or equivalent certificate for age verification
- Certificates of your educational qualifications
- Games or sports certificates as mentioned
- OBC/SC/ST Caste certificate and Aadhar Card
The selection process of IT department recruitment
The Income Tax Department select the candidates based on the following procedures including:
- Written test (OMR/CBT Based)
- Personal Interview/Group Discussion
- Document verification
- Medical examination
Exam pattern of income tax recruitment
The examination paper includes five sections with objective type and multiple-choice questions. They are carrying a maximum of 100 marks each. It covers the following subjects, including:
- Advance Accountancy
- Computer Awareness
- Allied Laws
- Computer Awareness
- Arithmetical Ability
- General English
It is not easy to secure Central government jobs. Hence it is advised for candidates to prepare smartly for the written examination. There are tons of reference materials and sample papers available for this examination. You can prepare for the test as per the exam syllabus. The proper preparation helps you to face the exam without fear. It also helps you to score good marks in the examination and increase your possibilities of securing the desired posts.