UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) has released the announcement of CDS examination 2020. The main aim of this examination is to recruit the eligible applications for the Indian navy, army, and air force, national defense academy, and officer’s training academy. The qualified female candidates can get a chance to work in the Officers Training academy. This examination is conducted two years a year. If you desire to gather the information related to the application form, eligibility, exam pattern, exam dates, and more, you can read this article.
CDS Examination 2020 Notifications
- Name of the Exam: CDS (Combined Defence Services Exam)
- Name of the organization: UPSC (Union Public Service Commission)
- Official portal: www.upsc.gov.in
- Examination type: National Level Recruitment Test
- Date of CDS Exam (Phase 1 and Phase 2): 2nd February 2020 & 8th November 2020
- Mode of application: Online
- Examination mode: Offline
- CDS Helpdesk: 011-23098543 /23381125 / / 23385271 / 23098591
Eligibility Criteria of CDS Exam 2020
- All unmarried males who are aged from 20 to 24 (born between January 1994 and January 1998) are qualified for the CDS I 2020 Examination.
- The Indian Military actually applies the age limit as nineteen to twenty-four as January 2020.
- For Training Academy, Officers, widowed or unmarried female/male applicants should not be aged above 25 years and less than 19 years, as in January 2020.
- For the CDS II examination, you must be born in the duration from July 1994 to July 1999.
- You must have a degree (10+2) from the recognized university to join in the Indian Air Force and Military
- If you want to join the Indian Navy, the engineering degree from the recognized college is sought.
- Candidates must also be physically fit based on the physical standards for admission to cds 2020 according to the guidelines of the UPSC.
Application form of CDS 1 Exam 2020
It is pleasing news for candidates that there is a convenient way to apply for CDS 1 and CDS 2 examinations. You can do everything from your comfort place simply by visiting the official portal.
There is a direct application link available once the official exam notifications start to activate. It is classified into two parts. The first part requests you to furnish your residential, personal, and educational details for the registration purposes. Along with this, you can also give your email address and phone number to receive all essential alerts.
Find more about NEET PG 2020
The application procedure of part II requires you to scan both your photograph and signature images. You can try to restrict the size based on the guidelines before uploading them on the portal. You can also take the print out copy of your filled application form before submitting it. It is used for your future reference. The cds 2020 admit card availability is notified on the official portal accordingly.
The application fee is Rs.200/-. There is no application fee for reserved category and women candidates. You can pay the fee through online gateway offered or through SBI challan produced from the internet site. Then, the filled challan is submitted with money at the cash counter of SBI.
Exam dates of CDS 1 and CDS 2
It is advised for candidates to check the submission date, the due date of an application form, and the release date of the admit card. You can get all the details related to cds 2020 through the official websites of UPSC.
|Events||Exam date of CDS 1||Exam Date of CDS 2|
|CDS 1 & CDS 2 Notification Release||30th October 2019||05th August 2020|
|Due date of application submission||19th November 2019||25th August 2020|
|Issue date of Admit card for CDS 1 & CDS 2||11th January 2019||11th October 2020|
|Exam date of CDS 1 2020 & CDS 2 2020||02nd February 2020||08th November 2020|
|Date of result announcement||To Be Notified||December|
|Interview date||For IMA August 2020 For OTA November 2020||To Be Notified|
|Final result date of CDS 1 2020 & CDS 2 2020||To Be Notified||December 2020|
Exam Pattern and Syllabus of CDS 1 Exam 2020
If you select the Officer’s Training Academy, you need to prove your knowledge in general knowledge and English for a maximum of 200 marks. The duration of this test for every subject is two hours. The candidates who are applying for the post in Indian Air Force, Military or Navy, must prepare General Knowledge, English, and Elementary Mathematics. There are two hours allotted for every subject, and a maximum of 100 marks are awarded for every subject.
The cds 2020 covers three subjects, including English, elementary mathematics, and general knowledge.
- English: The questions are asked to test the English understanding of candidates and workmanlike words usage
- Elementary Mathematics: Elementary Number Theory, Mensuration, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, and Statistics.
- General Knowledge: Knowledge related to Current Events, Indian History, Geography and Scientific Aspects.
Admit Card of CDS Exam 2020
The UPSC board will release the admit card 3 weeks before starting the examination. If you face any problems while downloading the admit card, you can communicate with the commission immediately. No one will be permitted to write the cds 2020 when you do not hold the admit card. Here are the steps to download the admit card as follow:
- At first, you can visit the official portal of UPSC
- Here, you can find out the direct admit card link
- You can click on it which takes you to a new page
- In this page, you can enter your registration number, DOB, father’s name, roll number and more
- Click on submit option
- Finally, the CDS admit card 2020 will be displayed on your screen
- You can download and store it safely
- The final result is announced after you are cleaning your written examinations
- The candidates who are qualified in the written examination will undergo a physical test
- Both the eligibility and documents of the applicants are also verified at a time
- The final selection process is performed based on the qualification of applicants, the choices chosen by them, and also available vacancies.
If you want to clear the examinations, you can prepare well for your examination. There are lots of sample papers and previous year question papers available to understand the pattern of your exam easily.